Saturday 24 July 2010

Long Mynd

First time over the Long Mynd. I went up Carding Mill Valley, which was a bit busy but not too bad (it was raining though). The climb up "Mott's Road" was exhausting.

I went slightly the wrong way when I got to the summit (missed Pole Bank) but managed to find the gliding club and the "Minton Batch" descent. I then got a bit lost again coming back up to the gliding club but eventually managed to find "Starboard Way".

I then went back via Pole bank and rather than going down Carding valley again, I went down the middle track (of the three) towards "All Stretton". That was a brilliant (very fast) descent down a grassy bank.

I would definitely like to do this route again (and maybe go the right way next time). If I hadn't got a bit lost then I would have liked to have done the "Minton Batch" again.

I also wish I'd taken a decent camera (only had my mobile on me) as there were some brilliant views.

The route I followed:

Photos:

Long Mynd

No comments:

Post a Comment